[Clubsports] Fall Information - long email

Amy Swingle aswingle at shsu.edu
Tue Aug 3 16:24:53 CDT 2004

Greetings from the Club Sports Office!!!

We hope all of you are having a great summer and are ready to get back to
Sam Houston!

We're busy as can be getting everything ready for the upcoming year.   So,
without further ado.....the longest email you'll ever get from me is about
to commence.

Item #1:   Fall Meeting

MANDATORY MEETING for all Club Sport Officers -  Tuesday, August 24th from
3pm - 6pm in HKC Room 240.   Very important that each and every club have
people at this meeting.   We have a lot of information to give you that will
help you recruit new members and make some cash.   Plus, we'll take everyone
to dinner at Zach's after the meeting ~~ 5:30pm.

Item #2:  Recruiting Opportunities

Rec Sports is hosting a HUGE event called "Wet & Wild w/ Rec Sports" on
Wednesday, September 1st from 2-6pm on IM Field #1.     We're turning IM
Field #1 in a giant waterpark for the day.  There is so much planned that I
won't go into it now.  However, it is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED by this office
that your club get involved.   It will be a great way to recruit new members
and make some extra cash.   Cash...yes, I said Cash.  Here's how....

COOK SOME FOOD:  We will deposit an extra $150 per club that will come out
and cook the meat for the party.   We are serving sausage on a stick and
turkey legs.   The club must have a larger sized cooker.   The first 3 clubs
who get in touch with me and commit to doing this get the money.

RUN A CONCESSION:  We will deposit an extra $100 per club that will commit
to running either A) Sno-Cone stand  B) Popcorn stand or 3) Drink stand.
This means your club will provide workers for entire event and clean up
afterwards.   We need 3 clubs to do this.

Also, if your club would like to run some events (relay races, rock wall,
disc golf) it will be rewarded.   I expect that all of you will want to have
at least a table available to recruit new members, right?  :-)   So...get in
touch with me ASAP about Wet & Wild.

Item #3:  Club Sports Fest

The Club Sports Fest will be held on Wednesday, September 8th from 10am -2pm
in the LSC Mall area.   If you want to be a part of this event, register
with Megan by Friday, August 27th.   For more information about this,
contact her directly.

Item #4:   Publicity

We have a graphic artists working right now and will be hiring another one
the first week of school.   If you want some flyers designed so that we can
add info (dates of first meetings, practice times, etc) later...come by and
talk to us.    DO NOT come in and expect a flyer in 1 or 2 days if you wait
until school starts.

Item #5:  Club Sport Council

We have 3 openings on the Club Sport Council for the upcoming year.   If you
are interested in serving on the Council, sign up in Amy's  office for an
interview time.   Interview dates are Wednesday , August 25 - Friday, August
27th.   Decisions on positions will be made on Friday, August 27th.

Item #6:  Budget Requests

All clubs will need to give a 5-10 minute presentation to the Club Sport
Council on their Budget Requests for the the 04-05 year.   This presentation
will take place on Sunday, August 29 from 2-4pm.  Sign up for a time with
Amy.    If your club does not make a presentation, it could effect your
allocation from Rec Sports.

Item #7:  CPR/First Aid

Each Club is required to have 2 members who are CPR/First Aid certified.  To
assist you, I will teach a class on Saturday, August 28th in the HKC from
9am -2pm.   Cost for CPR is $15 (if you don't have a mask already) and First
Aid is $5.    You must sign-up in the Rec Sports office for this class.   I
will not be offering another class this semester.

That's it!!!   It wasn't so bad now, was it?!   If you have any questions
about these items, just let me know.  I can't wait to see everyone again on
the 24th!  See you then.

Amy  and Megan

 Amy Swingle
 Assistant Director - Club Sports & Special Events
 P.O. Box 2387
 Huntsville TX  77341
 work:  936-294-1967
                   fax:  936-294-1913