[Clubsports] Mandatory Meeting Reminder

Amy L. Swingle rca_als at shsu.edu
Wed Sep 8 22:12:51 CDT 2004

Hey Everyone!

It sure has been a great start to the school year.  From what I've been
hearing from most clubs, membership is up and you're needing more space.
If you consistently have high numbers, talk to us and we'll try and get
you more space or time.  For those of you who came out to Wet & Wild and
the Club Sports Fest...thank you for working and promoting your clubs.

I want to remind everyone that this Friday, September 10th from 2-4pm is
the MANDATORY training for all new club sport officers.  We will be going
over policy and procedures, paperwork and how to complete it, and
explaining the "how's" and "why's" of what our office does for you.

Many of you have asked about budgets.  I expect to get my budget tomorrow
and will meet with the Club Sports Council to review the budget proposals.
 I should have answers sometime Friday.  You will learn of your budget
from either Megan, Mandy or myself at your next meeting or if you call us
directly on Monday.  Do not call before that...we won't have the answers.

Lastly, congratulations should go out to the following new members of your
Club Sport Council:   Daniel Edinburgh - Men's Soccer, Heidi Mersiovsky -
Women's Lacrosse, and Jenny Gann - Women's Soccer.   The other members
are:   Jake Key - Rugby, Cara Travis - Rec Sports, Kelley Cabrera -
Women's Lacrosse, and Venessa McRill - Tennis.

Contact your council members if you have an issue or any ideas that you
would like the Club Sport office to investigate.   The Council is here to
work for you and represent your best interest.   They are already working
on some ideas to implement to help clubs raise money and to socialize
more.

That's it for now.  Take care and keep up the good work!

Amy