Miscellaneous Questions

MT-PRO Music Therapy List mtpro@multipro.com
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 23:52:30 -0500

Hello MT-PROs

I wondering about a few things:

First is there anyone out there who might know of an MT in the Baton
Rouge area who is not going to conference and might want a week of
contract work?  Susan and I are looking for someone to cover for us
during the conference.  If you know of anyone please forward their name
to me.  Thanks!!

Next, I noticed Kim and Danette are in New Orleans.  Hi! Do you all know
of any local professional MT groups?  Maybe in New Orleans?  I'd be
interested in knowing when you meet.

Lastly,  those of you that have experience using MIT, Do you ever/always
incorproate physical movement into chanting phrases on pitch?  I suppose
it is fairly common for those trying to regain speech to also have
physical limitations.  I'm wondering about the link between the two.  Is
MIT more effective when you work their limbs as they chant?? Just
curious.  Kiran, I'm trying to remember your video on this.  My memory
is a little fuzzy - probably due to too much relocating!!  :)

Thanks in Advance!  :)

Dirk Cushenbery, MME, MT-BC
Charis Partial Hospital
Baton Rogue, LA