Can of worms: questions about degrees and credentials

MT-PRO Music Therapy List mtpro@multipro.com
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 23:12:40 -0500

I call this a can of worms topic satirically because it is a topic that
has not been solved and will not be solved in our field for quite a long
time.  We  are closer to coming to agreement with the unification of the
 two music therapy organizations but not there yet.  I am going to pose
some questions in this post and will be interested in the response.

   1) Do you feel that certain jobs are best suited for BA level music
therapists because of their level of education/experience, and if so
please describe the type of job and what job boundaries therein the
music therapist should adehere to?

   2)Do you feel that certain jobs are best suited for MA  level music
therapists because of their level of education/experience, and if so
please describe the type of job  and what job duties therein the music
therapist should handle?

   3)Do you feel that certain jobs are best suited for Doctoral  level
music therapists because of their level of education/experience, and if
so please describe the type of job  and what job duties therein the
music therapist should handle?

   4)Do you agree or disagree that Board Certified therapists should be
 required to have their Master's within a 5 year period of receiving
their board certification? Explain.

THE ANSWERS TO THIS POST IS STRICTLY FOR THIS LIST  FOR THE PURPOSE OF
DISCUSSION ONLY.  RESPONSES SHOULD NOT BE PRINTED OUT OR DISSEMINATED TO
ANY OTHER LIST OR PEOPLE IN ANY FORM  UNLESS GIVE PERMISSION BY THE
RESPONDENT.  PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ANY FLAMES OR PERSONAL ATTACKS ON
RESPONDENTS WITH OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS.

    Sincerely,

    Daniel R. Leopold, MA, MT-BC
-- MT-PRO Music Therapy List, mtpro@multipro.com on 08/23/1999 at 11:11:04 PM