Tourette's Syndrome

MT-PRO Music Therapy List mtpro@multipro.com
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 22:20:07 -0500

Hi everyone,
   I am trying to find information on MT & Tourette's Syndrome, and while I
haven't done an extensive search yet, I'm surprised that I didn't come across
an article or two in the JMT or some of the recently published books I've
purchase.  I have plenty of general info. on Tourette's; what I need are
resources that specifically discuss strategies for implementation in MT.
   Does anyone know of any journals, articles, chapters, or books that I
should look at?  It would also be very helpful if anyone is working/has
worked with people with Tourette's, especially very young children, and has
some ideas to suggest.
   The main issues at the present time include facial tics (not so much
verbal or vocal tics), expressive language fluency, and side complications
from OCD.
   Any input would be tremendously appreciated!
       Thanks      -

 Donna W. Polen, MT-BC
-- MT-PRO Music Therapy List, mtpro@multipro.com on 08/29/1999 at 10:19:16 PM