MT and PTSD

MT-PRO Music Therapy List mtpro@multipro.com
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 23:34:47 -0500

In a message dated 7/23/99 11:59:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
mtpro@multipro.com writes:

<< To you and everyone else: are you working with these patients
inpatient, long term, out patient or all of the above?  Additionally, what
techniques (musically) do you find most helpful?  I like song discussion
for a lot of this type of work. Also, I am interested in talking to anyone
doing GIM with PTSD. >>

I work with all of the above. I use a lot of music improv,  song
lyric discussion, guided imagery, music and art, and music and
psychodrama. I am not officially trained in the Bonny method for GIM, but I use
a lot of imagery work with PTSD. Many trauma survivors have not ever had a
safe place, so we create an internal safe place using imagery, and then
concretize it with art work.

Danette
-- MT-PRO Music Therapy List, mtpro@multipro.com on 07/25/1999 at 11:33:00
PM