Music Therapy Jobs

MT-PRO Music Therapy List mtpro@multipro.com
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 22:38:04 -0500

To Lori Baur,

I am in New Jersey, right across from New York, and I am one of the people who
said there were more needs for music therapists than music therapists to fill
the jobs. A New Jersey music therapist, Salomi, keeps track of jobs that are
available in New Jersey; her number is 973-586-9578; Karen Goodman,
Coordinator of Music Therapy at Montclair State University also sometimes
knows of other jobs (973-665-5268). These are not all great jobs, and many are
not full-time. But there are periodically MANY GOOD part-time jobs in this
area, and since most music therapists are employed full-time, not enough
people to fill the jobs. There are also good full-time jobs that become
available, as well as some not-so-good ones.

Please note that at any moment there may not be a lot, or even any (?), jobs
available. But a number of music therapists have had very good success
pursuing jobs in this area.

Good luck!!

Barbara Wheeler
(wheelerb@mail.montclair.edu)