Relationships and Jobs

MT-PRO Music Therapy List mtpro@multipro.com
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 00:02:06 -0500

I am always fascinated by people who are able to create positions for
themselves wherever they live. I would love to hear from folks who were able
to do this. I tried on a couple occasions to make a job market for myself
where I live, but have been unable to do so. I am sure it's at least partly
due to my own poor marketing skills. HOwever, I have run into a lot of
people here with developmentally disabled children who want the service, but
want to use their medical cards to pay me. I don't have a clue how to set
that up, nor am I sure that I want to do that. I even tried the approach of
teaching private music lessons to challenged children, but got no takers.
Now I'm an activity director and enjoying what i"m doing for the moment, but
I do think that in future, I'll want to try my hand at self employment again
and would like to hear how other people made it happen.

alice steinke

               Alice, Shawn, and Maggie, 9/2/97
            <alicest@hcc-uky.campuscwix.net>
       Henderson, KY