Satisfaction Survey

MT-PRO Music Therapy List mtpro@multipro.com
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 23:25:22 -0500

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Ellen Rayfield wrote:

> I am interested in finding out if anyone has done and published client
> satisfaction surveys on music therapy.  The buzz word in health care around
> here(Chicago) is customer satisfaction.  I am interested in putting together
> a proposal to do this at my facility, but want to find out what has been
> done in this area already.  Any help would be appreciated.

Ellen,
I refer you to the current issue of the Journal of Music Therapy to the
article on GIM and reported change in normal adults by Maack and Nolan (my
copy is not currently handy). This is an outcome study, one of two in the
field of music therapy I'm told, and may be of greater value than
"satisfaction" because it refers to positive, long - term change after
therapy has terminated.

Paul Nolan
NOLAN@auhs.edu
-- MT-PRO Music Therapy List, mtpro@multipro.com on 06/17/1999 at 11:23:02