MT and Musicianship

MT-PRO Music Therapy List mtpro@multipro.com
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 23:02:02 -0600

Hi Susan,

I also sing  in a choir, and felt something was really missing musically in
my life until I went back to this. I understand exactly what you mean by
having some personal validation of the power of music.

Also, out of curiousity, in another post, someone (Caroline? Sorry I deleted
it) mentioned that many degrees are Bachelors of Music.  I live in Canada,
near Toronto, and while we have nowhere near as many training programmes
here, I believe that of the 4 undergrad programmes, 2 give Bachelors of
Music Therapy and 2 give Bachelors of Music. Does anyone know what the break
down is in the U.S.?

Happy Trick or Treating!

Laurie Smith, BMusTher, MTA
Mississauga, ON, Canada