Trends in Mental Health

MT-PRO Music Therapy List mtpro@multipro.com
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 00:28:43 -0500

Sorry for the delayed response--have been dealing with a virus (computer
type)
I'm  a Nationally Certified Counselor and a MT-BC. A trend that I have
observed over the last several years is a move toward masters level
practioners as a way to meet the needs of both private pay and public
clients. Another, and perhaps related, trend that I have observed is the
gradual recognition of the arts in therapy in the counseling and
psychological communities. A closely associated trend to the later, is the
increasing use of arts-related helping processes being utilized by
professionals without arts-related credentials.
Hope this is helpful,
Dave Bryant, MT-BC, NCC
-- MT-PRO Music Therapy List, mtpro@multipro.com on 10/05/1999 at 12:28:22 AM