Documenting effectiveness of MT

MT-PRO Music Therapy List mtpro@multipro.com
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 00:04:57 -0500

I also am in private practice and have a wide range of clients whom I treat.
My primary funding body is Medicaid and they require a progress note for each
and every session. Case managers are the controllers of the funding flow down
to the various therapy modalities covered and they do (periodically) read the
notes and call with questions and comments. This also provides education for
the case managers, who typically know little about MT tx- and this little bit
of education has led to many many referrals!
Good luck,

Jim Hiller MMT,MT-BC
Clinical Program Director
Columbus Music Therapy Center