MT / Music Ed List

MT-PRO Music Therapy List mtpro@multipro.com
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 23:29:16 -0500

This list requires credentials that some music therapists working in music
education do not have.  While the requirements do add a higher degree of
professionalism, I have found through my experience as a music therapist working
in music education that there is a greater need for focused support from fellow
professionals in the same situation.  Issues such as boundary diffusion and
countertranference effects on skill teaching are just some some of the VERY
LARGE topics that will be handled on this separate list.  Fact is, our field is
huge.  We need to keep each other informed, but we also need to give focused
attention to groups of music therapists working in the same area.  With
permission of list members, I will send copies of posts occasionally to MT-PRO
and the other music therapy list.

Sincerely,

    Daniel R. Leopold, MA, MT-BC

                     Soul to Soul Music Therapy