CBMT and Musicianship Skills

MT-PRO Music Therapy List mtpro@multipro.com
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 20:38:49 -0500

My experience as a music therapist has always required that my knowledge and
skills as a musician must be honed to a level that allows me to function as a
therapist... an ease as an accomplished musician is a given. I don't want
performance anxiety to interfere with the real task at hand.

I do feel the musical skills should be developed before being out in the
therapeutic field, and continue to be practiced- as we practice music
therapy. Measurement of these skills within CBMT would be quite difficult.

Patty Fiden RMT
-- MT-PRO Music Therapy List, mtpro@multipro.com on 10/23/1999 at 8:38:29 PM