Trends in Mental Health

MT-PRO Music Therapy List mtpro@multipro.com
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:21:53 -0500

Hello List Members!

I recently received a survey from my employer asking:

What key changes in the mental health field will have the greatest
impact on services rendered to consumers/individuals?

What are the primary challenges we will face in addressing these needs?

I really enjoyed the session led by Kenneth Brusica at last years
conference regarding unification and the future of the MT profession.
Though I must admit when questions concerning the future are asked on a
larger scale (mental health field rather than MT) I get a little lost.
Any predictions about new trends and challenges in mental health out
there?

Dirk Cushenbery, MT-BC
Charis Partial Hospital
Zachary, LA