GIM and Cancer Research

Blank, Carol Carol.Blank@med.va.gov
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 09:26:48 -0500

Dear Members -

I've been asked to participate in a Quaility of Life/Quality of Care
longitudinal study at the hopsital I work for (VA East Orange, NJ).  I will
be working with cancer patients who struggle with sadness, nervousness,
irritability, and worry.  I am in need of a tool to measure the pre and post
GIM changes in these mood states.  I also am interested in finding out if
there is a study that investigated the relationship between patients with
cancer who participate in GIM in combination with an antidepressant
medication and those who use GIM alone.

Unfortunately, I have very little time to establish a protocol, so any
information I gather regarding the measurement tool needs to come quickly.

Any help anyone can give me to point me in the right direction would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Carol Ann Blank, MMT, MT-BC