Re-admission rates - evidence?

Christian Gold c.gold@magnet.at
Sat, 11 Nov 2000 15:59:19 +0100

--------------25EDA43041DB4E79B369034C

Dear Anna,

I don't. But my experience (I am currently doing PhD research in music
therapy with mentally ill children/adolescents) is that the whole body
of evidence from music therapy outcome studies is so small that you
probably will have to take a much broader focus - look for studies
investigating the use of music therapy with *any* kind of mentally ill
patients! And/or look for psychotherapy studies focusing on your
population.
Are you going to use readmission rates as an outcome variable?

Good luck!

Christian.

Anna Maratos Tooth wrote:

> Dear list Does anyone know of any outcome research supporting the use
> of music therapy in the community for severely mentally ill patients
> who have high readmission rates to hospital?  There is currently a
> Randomised Control Trial taking place in Cambridge, UK - anyone know
> of any others? Thanks Anna

--------------25EDA43041DB4E79B369034C

Dear Anna,
therapy with mentally ill children/adolescents) is that the whole body
of evidence from music therapy outcome studies is so small that you probably
will have to take a much broader focus - look for studies investigating
the use of music therapy with *any* kind of mentally ill patients! And/or
look for psychotherapy studies focusing on your population.
any outcome research supporting the use of music therapy in the community
for severely mentally ill patients who have high readmission rates to hospital?&nbsp;
There is currently a Randomised Control Trial taking place in Cambridge,