JCAHO PI/ORYX Indicators

Dirk & Julie Cushenbery dirkcush@fastband.com
Thu, 01 Feb 2001 18:21:18 -0600

Is anyone out there tracking process or outcome indicators for
performance improvement?
I have been tracking stress reduction in MT sessions designed to lower
stress and wondered what others may be tracking.

On a related note:  Progressive muscle relaxation to music, and
relaxation with music listening seem to be effective.  They are less
effective for those with psychosis and/or PTSD.  I've tried more active
types of relaxation with those population types and have had some
success with karaoke, and beating balloons around with paddle drums to
upbeat music, but haven't found one approach that really works well with
everyone.  Any ideas on more active music relaxation which may be more
effective with a wider range of clients?

For clarification, every session is not geared toward my outcome
indicator.  I tend to go back and forth between diversional and more
verbal approaches.

Dirk Cushenbery, MT-BC

PS Thanks for the feedback on AMTA region +/-!