[Ntso] SHSU NTSO Meeting

John & Frances Fennessy roughneckbooks at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 25 21:00:16 CDT 2004

Hello NTSO members!

As of today, we have a total of 169 members, and we haven't even had our
first meeting yet! You guys are really great! Keep spreading the word-we
would like to bring our membership up to over 500! Thank you to everyone who
has helped by putting out the posters!

This email is to inform you of two things:

First: Our first meeting will be Thursday, November 11, 2004, from
11:45-1:00 in the LSC on the 3rd floor, in the atrium. The important thing
about this meeting is that you RSVP with me via email at
roughneckbooks at hotmail.com BY NOVEMBER 5.
Remember, you are not required to be at this meeting the whole time. The
timing is designed to enable those who have classes from 11-12:30 to attend
from 12:30-1:00, and those who have classes from 12:30-1:00 to attend from
11:45-12:30. THERE WILL BE FREE LUNCHES AT THIS MEETING. We will also have a
guest speaker, Leah Winfield, the Director of Student Activities, who will
be speaking to us about Student Activities' commitment to our success. We
will also meet our new facilitator and our new officers. For most of you,
this will be the first time you will meet all of our officers.  By no means
is it the end of the world if you forget to RSVP, you can still come. We are
just trying to get a general idea of how many people will be eating lunch. I
will plan on having many extra lunches, but I need a general number to start
with.

Second: I am still accepting biography paragraphs for our Business Manager
position and our Secretary position. They need to be about 250-300 words
each. Many people have emailed me asking how many people are running. We
will be holding elections beginning Nov. 1. I must have your paragraphs by
October 30. Currently, I have 2 people running for the Secretary position
and 1 person for the Business Manager position. I have received many
inquiries about the positions, but only a few biographies. Remember, we will
only have 2 meetings this semester. Next semester, you can plan your
schedule around the Thursday meetings, they will only happen once a month.
Also, we will not have any of our activities this semester, but next
semester will be a very busy time for us. So this semester’s duties will be
pretty light for any position that you volunteer for, and you will always
have a facilitator to help you with all of your duties.

Thank you for reading all the way through this email. Please RSVP to me at
roughneckbooks at hotmail.com. If you think you will be bringing a friend, let
me know about that too. We welcome all non-traditional students!

Frances Crawford Fennessy
NTSO President