[Ntso] Social and Last Meeting

Andrea Woodlief andrea_woodlief at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 27 22:10:13 CDT 2005

Hello Group!

I just wanted to let everyone know that our first restaurant social will be
at Jose's Restaurant on September 10th, 7p.m.  The social will also be a
second monthly meeting for those students who can not make the afternoon
meeting.

Everyone is responsible for their own ticket, and I am working on getting us
a group discount. I will let all of you know how the discount works out.
Please feel free to bring family or a friend, and just have fun.    I will
need to get a rough count of people who are interested in coming to the
social, so please send an RSVP to stdalw13 at shsu.edu.

We will be posting flyers soon around campus that tell of all the monthly
events and meetings.  The flyers should go up around the beginning of
September.  Our first meeting was a great success, and we came up with a lot
of good ideas for fundraising.

The idea that we decided on was hosting a "haunted campus walking tour"
during the week before Halloween, on Monday-Thursday nights. Since this is
right around Homecoming I thought that we could call it "Viva Haunts Vegas
Walking Tour" because of the theme for this year.  The fee will most likely
be $5 per person, and the tour guides will dress up as characters from the
1800s.

If anyone is interested in participating then just let me know through
email. You can read more about the meeting and all future meetings at the
NTSO website under meeting minutes.  We will also be posting events for the
SamCenter on the website as well.

Andrea L. Woodlief
President, Non-Traditional Student Organization

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the
source of all true art and science."  -- Albert Einstein