[Ntso] NTSO-January Mtg Notes

John & Frances Fennessy roughneckbooks at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 8 09:40:14 CST 2005

Following are the notes from the January 2005 NTSO meeting. Unfortunately,
we are struggling a little as we begin this semester in regard to a number
of issues ranging from open officer positions to funding. Please keep your
eyes open for another announcement via your email, one which will ask for
your help.

Thanks!

Frances Crawford Fennessy
NTSO President

NTSO
Non-Traditional Student Organization
General Assembly Minutes

January 27, 2005

Call to Order:  Frances Fennessy, NTSO President, called the meeting to
order at 12:00 noon.  Officers in attendance: Ralph Bales, Business Manager.

Special Attendees:  It was an honor to have Kelly Prew from the Huntsville
Chapter of the YMCA (295-8009).  We also would like to welcome Angie Burns
(294-3466) from the Student Activities who will be a point of contact for
NTSO.

Minutes:  Frances welcomed everyone back from the Christmas holidays and
expressed NTSO’s desire to accommodate as many members as possible with the
meeting times.  Schedule changes with the new semester may necessitate
changing the meeting times.  We are looking forward to a great semester and
seeing our organization grow.  Frances reminded members of the
Relay-For-Life event, which will be held April 15, 2005.  John Fennessy will
bring us additional information as the time approaches.  In addition, NTSO
will have a garage sale to help raise funds for the organization.  The date
and location is being solicited.  Anyone wishing to donate items for the
garage sale, or would like to rent a booth to sell their own things, should
contact an NTSO officer.  Frances gave an update on the Gintz residents and
the progress in moving them to alternative housing.

Ralph Bales reminded everyone of the Formal Ball and announced we would
choose a theme in the near future.  He also suggested a “Day at the
Ballpark” for NTSO and family members to support the SHSU Baseball team.
Members supported the idea.  Ralph agreed to pick up items for the garage
sale, but advised he had no place to store them, so they will have to be
picked up near the date of the garage sale.

Kelly Prew presented a brief summation of the history and programs available
at the Huntsville Chapter of the YMCA.  Huntsville has been operating since
the 1970s, but recently joined the Houston area YMCA, which will allow them
to provide additional information and programs to the Huntsville area.  Some
of their current programs include:

•	Day care (ages 2 through 12)
•	After school programs
•	Winter camps
•	Spring camps
•	Summer camps (every week of the summer)
•	Counselor-in-Training Program (ages below 18)
•	Soccer
•	Scholarships for services
•	Parents Night Out (1st Friday of every month, free of charge, 6:00pm to
midnight)

Anyone wishing additional information should contact the Huntsville YMCA at
295-8009.

The meeting concluded at approximately 1:00pm.