[Ntso] Officer Elections for NTSO, 2005-2006 year

Andrea Woodlief andrea_woodlief at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 28 21:58:59 CST 2005

Hello Everyone,

In case we haven't met my name is Andrea Woodlief, and I am filling in for
the job of secretary for NTSO during the remainder of the school year.  I am
sending out a reminder that officer elections for the 2005-2006 school year
will be coming up during the first week of April.   All of the current
officers are invited to run again, or run for a new office.

Officer positions are open to anyone who is a member of NTSO.  For those
students who are interested in running for an office please send Francis or
myself a short bio (between 200 and 300 words) and a picture (if you don't
have a picture, then Francis will have a digital camera to take pictures) so
we can post these on the website and create an informational handout for the
next meeting.

All candidates will be invited to speak and introduce themselves at our next
meeting.  Below is a list of responsibilities for each officer, and
eligibility requirements from the NTSO constitution.

If you have any questions please contact Francis Fennessy at
roughneckbooks at hotmail.com or myself at andrea_woodlief at hotmail.com.

See you at the next meeting! :-)

President - In charge of communications, coordinates meeting times, prepares
official paperwork and keeps deadlines, mediates meetings and keeps group
focused and on track, works with group to create goals for the coming year,
makes sure group works within the confines of the mission statement,
appoints representatives to additional committees as needed, keeps in
contact with other non-traditional organizations across the country through
ANTSHE listserv or other means, keeps in touch with student senate.

Vice President - In charge of membership and organization programming and
advertising, works to inform the campus community about non-traditional
students the Non-Traditional Student Organization and the services we
provide, assists president with committees, works with business manager on
yearly organization budget and programming funding, and responsible for
making sure event log is kept up to date.

Business Manager – Non-Traditional Student Organization representative to
student government meetings, is responsible for finding a suitable proxy
when needed, responsible for presenting NTSO concept and budget at necessary
meetings, tracks organization spending, assists with programming budgets,
orders all supplies for organization.

Secretary - Takes meeting minutes, maintains listserv and web site, assists
in poster design and generation for events, responsible for printing out
fliers and ordering additional business cards, tracks office supplies and
requests new ones when needed, creates correspondence (thank you letters
etc), puts together mailings at the beginning of each semester for new
students, requests mailing labels from registrar’s office for mailings,
makes sure fliers are posted appropriately.

Eligibility
Any member of the student body who is over 25 years old, a parent, married,
been out of school for years or just does not fit in with younger students
may apply for membership.

All undergraduate student leaders must be students at SHSU and meet and
maintain a 2.00 grade point average. All graduate student leaders must be
students at SHSU and meet and maintain a 3.00 grade point average. Any
student leader may be subject to removal from office by the organization
and/or the organization’s advisor should the student leader fail to maintain
the requirements as prescribed or the duties of office.

Andrea L. Woodlief
NTSO Secretary

"Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first."
~Murphy's Law~