[Ntso] Astronauts

Andrea Woodlief andrea_woodlief at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 29 15:52:43 CDT 2005

Hello NTSO Members!

I would like to ask all of you to keep the astronauts in your thoughts and
prayers.  It was revealed today by ABC News that several pieces of the
shuttle's foam shield have fallen off (which protects the shuttle during
re-entry), and one of the wings has sustained some damage.

Right now the astronauts are in the space station, but there is only one
dock for a space shuttle that is currently being used by the damaged
shuttle.  The emergency plan is for the damaged shuttle to be released for
the new shuttle to dock, but this opens up the potential for the damaged
shuttle being lost in space.

This is of personal concern to me because I have an uncle who is a chemical
engineer for NASA, and he has worked with the shuttle program in the past.
Lets hope they make it back safely!

Andrea L. Woodlief
President, Non-Traditional Student Organization

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the
source of all true art and science."  -- Albert Einstein