[Ntso] Officer Elections for NTSO, 2005-2006 year

Andrea Woodlief andrea_woodlief at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:07:52 CST 2005

Hello Everyone,

In case we haven't met my name is Andrea Woodlief, and I am filling in as
secretary for NTSO for the remainder of the school year.  I just wanted to
take this opportunity to remind all of the members that officer elections
are coming up very soon for the new school year (2005-2006).  All current
officers are invited to run again, or run for new offices.  Anyone who is a
member of NTSO can run for office, and the election will be held during the
first week of April.

For those students who are interested in running for an office, please
submit a bio (200-350 words) and a picture to Francis or myself by the next
meeting (March 31).  Francis will have a digtial camera handy in case you
don't have a current picture.  We will be using the bios/pictures to create
an informational handout to pass out to all of the members, and they will
also be published on our new website.

I have included a list of the officer requirements and eligibility rules
from the NTSO constitution. If you have any questions please feel free to
contact Francis (roughneckbooks at hotmail.com) or myself
(andrea_woodlief at hotmail.com).  I look forward to seeing all of you at the
next meeting and Good Luck!!!

Eligibility:
Any member of the student body who is over 25 years old, a parent, married,
been out of school for years or just does not fit in with younger students
may apply for membership.

Attendance:
Attendance is only mandatory for office holders. However, up to 2 excused
absences from office holders will be accepted per semester when prior
notification is given and proxies are provided.

Requirements for Officers:
All undergraduate student leaders must be students at SHSU and meet and
maintain a 2.00 grade point average. All graduate student leaders must be
students at SHSU and meet and maintain a 3.00 grade point average. Any
student leader may be subject to removal from office by the organization
and/or the organization’s advisor should the student leader fail to maintain
the requirements as prescribed or the duties of office.

Officers and Duties
President - In charge of communications, coordinates meeting times, prepares
official paperwork and keeps deadlines, mediates meetings and keeps group
focused and on track, works with group to create goals for the coming year,
makes sure group works within the confines of the mission statement,
appoints representatives to additional committees as needed, keeps in
contact with other non-traditional organizations across the country through
ANTSHE listserv or other means, keeps in touch with student senate.

Vice President - In charge of membership and organization programming and
advertising, works to inform the campus community about non-traditional
students the Non-Traditional Student Organization and the services we
provide, assists president with committees, works with business manager on
yearly organization budget and programming funding, and responsible for
making sure event log is kept up to date.

Business Manager – Non-Traditional Student Organization representative to
student government meetings, is responsible for finding a suitable proxy
when needed, responsible for presenting NTSO concept and budget at necessary
meetings, tracks organization spending, assists with programming budgets,
orders all supplies for organization.

Secretary - Takes meeting minutes, maintains listserv and web site, assists
in poster design and generation for events, responsible for printing out
fliers and ordering additional business cards, tracks office supplies and
requests new ones when needed, creates correspondence (thank you letters
etc), puts together mailings at the beginning of each semester for new
students, requests mailing labels from registrar’s office for mailings,
makes sure fliers are posted appropriately.

Andrea L. Woodlief
NTSO Secretary

"Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first."
~Murphy's Law~