[Ntso] Discussion - Campus Daycare Center

Andrea Woodlief andrea_woodlief at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 4 01:29:15 CDT 2006

Hello Everyone,

I thought that we could have our next discussion on opening up a campus
daycare center for the non-traditional students, faculty and staff members
to use.  SHSU did have a daycare center for many years called Bearkitten
Academy, but it was closed December 2003.  The center was open for children
from 6 months to kindergarten age, and they accepted financial aid as a form
of payment.

Do you think that SHSU would benefit from having a new daycenter built that
is Montessori based? Several other colleges and universities have this,
including North Harris and Montgomery college, Texas Women's University, and
Stephan F. Austin State University.

Remember during this discussion to reply to the listserv (ntso at shsu.edu)
address so the entire group can participate in the discussion.

Andrea L. Woodlief
President, Non-Traditional Student Organization

"But to us, probability is the very guide of life.”  ~ Joseph Butler