[Ntso] Discussion - Campus Daycare Center

Lee A. Lenfest stdlal27 at shsu.edu
Tue Apr 4 09:15:20 CDT 2006

I am not a parent; but, I just had to chime in.  I do believe having
campus daycare can be beneficial for both parents and their little kids.

My oldest brother was going to University of Houston ages ago.  He got
married young and they both had a child, my niece.  The campus daycare was
a wonderful and Heather (my niece) learned so much.  (I do not know what
kind of daycare it was at the time, but it was similar to Montesorri.)
Also, the students, who watched and taught the kids, used the learning
experience when they moved on after graduation -- it was like an
internship for them.  And, it gave my brother and his wife peace of mind.
So, campus daycare, when well-run, can be a benefit to many.

Lee Ann