[Ntso] Online Meeting - Discussion (Ideas for NTSO and non-traditional students)

Andrea Woodlief andrea_woodlief at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 17 18:18:52 CDT 2006

Hello Everyone,

I think that the primary issue at hand is that the organization has reached
a quick flux in growth, and we are at a divide.  There is one set of
students who really want to participate but cannot make the lunchtime
meetings, another set who enjoy the meetings, and one more set that simply
enjoys listening to the organizational happenings.

This organization, as we allow our voices to be heard, will become political
from time to time, but I agree that it is primarily a social group.  John
wrote a beautiful constitution.

I am not one of the original founders of the organization, but through the
labor that I have put into this group over the past year in a half I have
noticed that a few simply additions  (such as having a second listserv for
the online meetings and discussions) would open up a door for a dramatic
increase in participation.

Perhaps this is something to be considered as growth to the organization
continues, but to the members who have been enjoying the online discussions
it looks like the majority rules and we will have to end them for now.

If anyone would like for me to create the second listserv then just let me
know.   I can create one through coollist.com.  Remember, as this is a new
organization, sometimes it is good to experiment just to see how the group
responds.

I am so glad that we have our Sammy Award!

Andrea L. Woodlief
President, Non-Traditional Student Organization
visit our website: www.shsu.edu/~org_ntso

"The more original a discovery, the more obvious it seems afterwards." ~
Arthur Koestler