[Ntso] Discussion for Single Parents

Andrea Woodlief andrea_woodlief at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 5 22:19:20 CST 2006

Hello Single Parents!

I just got out of a bad situation (not really a relationship) were there was
severe emotional abuse and the person had been using me for years.  I
couldn't date or have anyone over, because the situation was so confusing
(even to next door neighbors).

He was a good father to my son, but he was very cold and unloving to me.  I
haven't been out on a date in almost 5 years.  Instead of trying counseling
to improve the situation, it seemed like we each contributed to its demise
and it became an unreversable cycle that resulted in me having health
problems.

Have any of you ever been in a situation similar to this, where you were
living with a partner that was using you.  A really good human being helped
me over the summer, and this person was like an angel and I will always
appreciate and remember this person for this.

Andrea L. Woodlief
President, Non-Traditional Student Organization

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the
source of all true art and science."  -- Albert Einstein