[Ntso] interesting statisics on women in the workforce

Andrea Woodlief andrea_woodlief at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 21 01:41:11 CST 2006

Hello Everyone,

As non-traditional students, especially as parents (mother or father), our
careers tend to be fluctuating.  Men, and single women without children have
a positively sloped career, but women (and sometimes men) with children have
careers that fluctuate.  At least this is what we learned in labor
economics.

The career will reach a graphical peak, and then slope downward as the
parent makes a willing decision to stay at home, and then slopes upward
again as the next peak begins.

Parents who make the decision to stay at home with their children should be
given a medal I think, especially single parents who are poor as church mice
and make sacrifices (like me) but do it just so they can spend more time
with their children!

Here is some interesting statistical information on women in the workforce
that I thought the group would enjoy reading, since we are non-traditional
students.

http://www.bls.gov/cps/wlf-databook.htm

Andrea L. Woodlief
President, Non-Traditional Student Organization

"All God's angels come in disguise."