[Ntso] changes to listserv

Andrea Woodlief andrea_woodlief at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 7 12:28:45 CST 2006

Hello Everyone,

I thought that with the recent discussions that we had on being a single
parent and women in the workforce, we could have more scheduled discussions
over the listserv to help increase participation in the group.

Starting in April, we will be having two scheduled discussions per month
over the listserv.  I will send out an email the first and third monday of
each month to the group over a topic that relates to being a non-traditional
student.

This should be fun and interesting for everyone in the group!   We have set
some rules for the discussions and here they are:

1)  When participating in a discussion please respond to the listserv
address (ntso at shsu.edu) rather to my address or other people who are
participating in the discussion.  This way the entire group can read the

2) When talking about personal life situations, lets try to focus on
education and work experience, unless the topic directly rates to personal
home situations (for example, if the topic were about how to get a four year
old to sleep at night then it would be appropriate to talk about personal
life outside of education and work).

3) From time to time the topics might be more personal (for example, if we
are discussing being in a bad relationship).  If this is the case, then the
writer should place (sensitive) in the subject line to give the readers a
warning as to how the message is rated.

4) Lets keep the discussions respectful and clean, and have fun with this
opportunity to share experiences and talk over the listserv.

The discussions can take place over the listserv until the next one is
scheduled.

Just as a reminder, because of the increase in activity over the listserv
you might want to visit the NTSO website (www.shsu.edu/~org_ntso) and select
the digest option.  This will allow  you to receive all of the daily NTSO
emails as one digest email.  If you have any questions about changing to
this option then just let me know.

The next discussion will start on the first monday of April.

Andrea L. Woodlief
President, Non-Traditional Student Organization

"I could prove God statistically. " ~ Aaron Levenstein