[Ntso] How to Use the Chatroom...

Andrea Woodlief andrea_woodlief at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 21 11:44:39 CST 2007

Hello Everyone,

I had several responses for the online meetings idea.  The majority would
like to use blackboard, but we had a special response from Iraq who
requested that we use the chatroom.

Kirk Burns, who is an active member of NTSO is serving in Iraq right now and
he is also a student of SHSU through correspondence.  Kirk would very much
like to participate in the online meetings from Iraq, but he has trouble
accessing blackboard from his computer. Kirk and I are friends, and we were
also computer science majors together.

So, we will still get everything set up on blackboard, but we will also hold
one special online meeting this semester using the chat room on the NTSO
website for Kirk so he can participate from Iraq.

If you have already tried to use the chatroom, you would have noticed that
there is a username and password that must be entered.  Here is the
information to enter the chatroom:

username: NTSO
password: abc123

You will need to identifiy yourself by typing your name as follows (Andrea:)
before entering a sentence.  That way we will all know who is in the
chatroom, and who we are having a conversation with.

You are free to use the chatroom from the NTSO website as often as you wish
to make new friends and get to know the other non-traditional students at
SHSU.

Andrea L. Woodlief
NTSO - Business Manager
visit our website: www.shsu.edu/~org_ntso

“Peace begins with a smile.” ~ Mother Teresa