[Ntso] officers and meeting time change for next year

Andrea Woodlief andrea_woodlief at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 4 08:59:36 CDT 2008

Hello NTSO Members,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we will most likely be moving the meeting time from 5:30p.m. until 6:30p.m. for next year.  I noticed that we had a much greater turn out at the volunteer meetings which were held during this time at the beginning of the year.  If you are interested in running for an office, but there is a schedule conflict then just let me know. We can hold the meetings at anytime during the day (even early in the morning).

So far we have a student who is interested in running for President. Her name is Ashley Clark.  We have a few students who attended the last meeting who are also interested in helping with the organization next year.  If anyone would like to come forward and run for an office then just send me an email and post your bio over the listserv (ntso at shsu.edu).  We will probably just have one social event per semester, and it doesn't have to be something that is very time consuming and difficult to plan, just fun for everyone.  For example a Halloween party in the fall and a pot luck dinner in the spring.  Also, feel free to bring your children, spouses, and families to the meetings.  I will be bringing my son next year, because the time will be in the evening.

There are many benefits to participating in NTSO.  You get the opportunity to socialize with other non-traditional students, job networking, learning about the community and voluntarism from our guest speakers, learning about time management and career preparation, making lifelong friends, and don't forget free pizza. :-)

Andrea L. Woodlief, MBA

 NTSO - Co-Advisor

www.shsu.edu/~org_ntso