[Ntso] Canidate Bios for 2008-2009

cam029 at shsu.edu cam029 at shsu.edu
Wed Apr 16 13:53:08 CDT 2008

If you don't see your bio here I apologize, please email me and I will get
it posted. If you would like to run for office it is NOT to late to get
your bio to me! See ya at the Social Meeting/Election!! :) cam029 at shsu.edu

*************************************************************************************************************

Meet Ashley Clard who is running for President 2008-2009

My name is Ashley Clark. I am currently a Junior but will be a
Senior after this semester. I am interested in running for President of
NTSO. I am a double major double minor in Psychology/Criminal Justice and
Political Science/Philosophy. When I receive my bachelor degree's in May
2009, I will only be half way through my education. I want to enter into
the Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program that Sam offers. I am a McNair
Scholar and currently working on research regarding sexual offenders. I
have a 4 year old son named David who is finishing up pre-k this year. I
have been a member of NTSO since 2005, but most of you probably do not
know me because I cannot attend the meetings at the time they are
currently offered. Anyway, I am a non-traditional student in every aspect.
I am a single mother and I moved to Huntsville to begin attending SHSU at
the age of 16. Im sure that I can guide NTSO in the right direction.

Meet Billie Lyons she is running for SECRETARY

I'm Billie
Lyons and I am a single mother working on an English/History
degree
with a French minor. I met my husband when we attended here at Sam
20 yrs ago when I transfered from Northwestern University.I had worked
for
the Shubert theater while I attended NU and got to be an extra
in some of
John Hugh's films.He often recruited people from NU and
paid us $50.00 and
paid for our union cards so we could work.When I
met my husband he
convinced me to change my major to something more
practical(ha ha).When he
passed away I decided to leave my job as a
Director of Children's
Ministries (a position where I had to write
curriculum,schedule events and
raise funds for the ministry). My
daughter Elizabeth and I made the
decision together to move here and
start over. I came back to Sam to
finish my education. I will
graduate in December 2009.
Thank you,
Billie Lyons

My
name is Charity Moore. I am currently the
Secretary of NTSO and next
year I would like to run for Vice President. Here is a little back ground
information on me:

I am a 31 year old single mom of three
children: 10, 8, and 6. This semester makes one full year that I have been
attending Sam Houston. Before then, I attended Tomball (lonestar) for two
years. I am an Education major and hope to graduate by fall of 2010.

Emily Daniel-Rich is interested in running for Business Manager. Here is
her bio:

Emily M. Daniel Rich
Criminal Justice
Major-Junior

Hi! I am 20 years old and studying Criminal
Justice here at Sam. I started my college career at Abilene Christian
University as a Sociology with a Criminal Justice emphasis Major. While at
ACU, I had the opportunity to work with the Taylor County Community
Supervision Department. I loved every minute of it!!! I am
currently
working for the LEMIT building as a undergraduate student assistant. In my
spare time I enjoy knitting, reading anything I can get my hands on,
cooking for my fiancé and playing a few games on my computer. I
love being around and getting to know new people. I look forward to
meeting each of you and all the fun times
ahead!