[Ntso] Welcome new members and other stuff

Non-Traditional Student Organization org_ntso at shsu.edu
Thu Apr 17 08:36:10 CDT 2008

Good Morning NTSO Members!
This email will be a little long and I apologize for it,
but there are many things on the agenda.
First and foremost, I would like to
welcome the new 60+ members. We are happy to have you.  This makes our organization one of,
if not, the largest organization on campus. We have a powerful voice now
in our unique positions as Non-Trads.  I encourage all to come to meetings and social events,
bring your children with you and use that voice.

Last night at the Sammy Awards our organization won the Outstanding Community Service Event of the year. This is
the second year in a row and our third award in three years! Our Business Manager Megan Nappier won the Non-Traditional Student of the Year award,
CONGRADUALATIONS MEGAN and NTSO! Congratulations to all who were nominated
for other awards. It is always nice to get a little recognition for all
your hard work.

Now for business;
Wednesday April 30th we will be
holding our last meeting of the year and a social at 6pm in the Lemit
building. More details on how to get over there will be coming in the next
couple of days. This is a potluck dinner so we need ya’ll to email
Charity Moore and tell her what you are bringing so we can have an idea of
who all is coming and what is being brought. Please note that this is not
a normal meeting time. Usually we meet the second Tuesday of the month at
1pm. However we wanted to do something special for our last meeting and
only social of the semester. Your children are always welcome at the
meetings and almost all of the social events, so bring them. I had
gotten a lot of responses that people could not make it to meetings
because they are in classes and stuff during the day so I thought that
doing it in the evening and making it a dinner we could have our cake and
eat it too. I apologize to you guys for not planning more social stuff
this semester. Things have been hectic to say the least as graduation
hovers in the horizon.

We are still posting Bio’s for
the officer positions and you are still more than welcome to post your own
for any officer position. You have until we vote on April 30th to throw
your hat in the ring.  If you
need to know what all is entailed in the job you can read it in the
constitution or just ask the officer currently in position. There is a
discussions section on blackboard for you to post your bio and it should
be posted on the listserv. If you are not on Blackboard and would like to
be just email us with your student id number, first and last name and
email address or you can sign up yourself threw BB by going to the courses
link once you are logged in.

More emails will be coming soon so keep
your eyes open!

Angi Bremkamp-NTSO President