[Ntso] Your Student Organization Is Nominated For A SHSU Award

M. Brandon Cooper mbc004 at shsu.edu
Wed Mar 5 13:33:37 CST 2008

Dear Student Organization or Student Organization Advisor,

It is my great privilege to inform you that you have been nominated for an
award for the 14th Annual Sammys.  The Sammys is the official Sam Houston
State University awards ceremony honoring student leaders and student
organizations and will be held on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 6:00 p.m. in
the LSC Ballroom..

Now that you have been nominated, your next step is to complete the nominee
information form, which I have attached with this email (extra forms
available for pick up in the Department of Student Activities, LSC suite
328). Nominee information will only be accepted via email to
sammyawards at shsu.edu. Receiving a nomination from a student, faculty or
staff member is a great honor, so we ask that you assist us by completing
the process to possibly receive an award. Nominee information is due back to
our office, via email, no later than Friday, March 21, 2008. It's important
that you pay close attention to the deadline, because all information will
be forwarded to the committee immediately following the above date.  If
you've received this email more than once, you received more than one
nomination. If that is the case, you need only fill out one form (nominee
questions are all the same).  To see a list of nominees, please visit
http://www.shsu.edu/~slo_sad/sammys/

During the week of March 31st - April 4th, our office has set times to take
your nominee photographs that will be used in this year's slide show. Since
we have approximately 100 nominees, we ask that you please come on the days
you have been assigned. All photo times are between 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
on the assigned day. Our office is on the 3rd floor of the Lowman Student
Center, suite 328. Dress is business/professional.  If you have a conflict
with your date please contact us to re-schedule.  The dates are as listed as
follows:

Monday, March 31 - FRESHMAN/FIRST YEAR NOMINEES ONLY
Tuesday, April 1 - SOPHOMORE NOMINEES ONLY
Wednesday, April 2 - JUNIOR NOMINEES ONLY
Thursday, April 3 - ADVISOR  NOMINEES ONLY
Friday, April 4 - SENIOR/NON TRAD/ GRADUATE NOMINEES ONLY

At this time we are also accepting announcements/thank you notes for the
Sammys pre-show. The pre-show is an opportunity to thank individual members
of your organization or the organization as a whole for their hard work and
dedication throughout the past year. Please send announcements to
sammyawards at shsu.edu. We will accept announcements until Friday, April 4,
2008.  All submitted announcements are subject to editing for length and
professional content.

If you have any questions, please contact Student Activities at 936-294-3861
or sammyawards at shsu.edu.

Sincerely,

M. Brandon Cooper
Chairman, 2008 Sammys Committee