[Psychmasters] apa submission - collaboration on disability presentation

Jessica R. Gurley stdjrg13 at shsu.edu
Mon Nov 28 15:22:52 CST 2005

Hi everyone!

I know there's many of you I don't know yet - I'm Jess and I'm a 4th year
in the clinical psychology doctoral program here.

I am trying to prepare some APA submissions and I would like to submit a
roundtable discussion to Division 17 (Society of Counseling Psychology)
and I would like others to join me in the presentation. Their theme this
year is "Integrating Diversities: Training, Practice, and Research."
Ideally, I would like to submit something about how Counseling and
Clinical programs could attract more students with disabilities, or at
least address disabilities more in our programs. I led a roundtable
discussion on attending graduate school with a disability at the Texas
Psychological Association's annual convention last month and that went
over pretty well. Basically, I would like expand on this at APA this year
but would like at least one other person with a disability to join me.

Please email me ASAP if interested. I have some things already prepared
from TPA and a research project but would love to work together on the
final proposal. It's not due until Friday, so that leaves us plenty of
time! :) My email is jgurley at shsu.edu

Jessica R. Gurley, M.A.
Clinical Psychology Doctoral Student
Department of Psychology and Philosophy