[Psychmasters] How to post a message to our Psychmasters list

Miller, Rowland Spence PSY_RSM at exchange.shsu.edu
Fri Dec 9 11:56:34 CST 2005

Ahh, grasshoppa,

Here's what our nice helper told me about one of us--Hi, Corey--who couldn't a message through to Psychmasters:

Note on membership management and posting: They need to subscribe with
the actual email address they will be posting from. I'm seeing one of
these who is subscribed with his shsu email alias bayliss at shsu.edu, but
he's trying to post to the list from his real email account
cmb014 at shsu.edu, which is not allowed since cmb014 at shsu.edu is not
actually subscribed, it is his alias that is subscribed.

The important thing there is that they always send messages from the
email address that is subscribed to the list, and don't flip flop
between email addresses or email aliases they are sending from.

Corey Baliss looks like he's subscribed with bayliss at shsu.edu, but is
trying to post from his cmb014 at shsu.edu, which is not allowed, so that
will be his issue.

I've changed Corey Baliss's email address to reflect the cmb014 at shsu.edu
address he's trying to post from, so that should take care of him.

Evidently, everything's got to match up precisely.  Feel free to send me new subscription requests from all your e-mail accounts, but you'll not be able to post a message unless the list recognizes your originating address to be a bona-fide subscriber.

Best,

Doc M.