[Psychmasters] T.A. Opportunity

Miller, Rowland Spence PSY_RSM at exchange.shsu.edu
Thu Dec 22 12:32:26 CST 2005

Hi Master's students:

I am looking for 1-2 students who might be willing to work with me as T.A.'s
for 2 undergrad Psychology and Law classes this Spring.  I realize this is
late notice, due to an error on our end (for which I apologize), but I'm
hoping there may still be some of you left who are looking for additional
teaching experience and/or additional exposure to the psych/law/forensic
field.   I am told that funding IS available at the standard rate.

One class meets MWF @ 8:00am.  The other meets T/Th @ 11-12:30.  I would not
necessarily expect you to attend every single class. But, I would need a TA
who could cover approximately 3 lectures (or more if desired) on days when I
have to be out of town for professional obligations, and to help with
grading/ administrative tasks as well as class learning activities.

If you were more interested in this as an opportunity for broader learning
in Psych/Law (as opposed to just a teaching experience per se), we could
probably arrange for some additional readings or research, or for you to
join in a forensic evaluation or two.

Again, I realize this is late notice, so please do not hesitate to contact
me if you have any additional questions.

Daniel Murrie, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology
Sam Houston State University
936.294.4161