[Psychmasters] FW: Recruitment for Dissertation

Miller, Rowland Spence PSY_RSM at exchange.shsu.edu
Wed Feb 15 13:20:02 CST 2006

Science be marchin'...

Rody

-----Original Message-----
From: nmc2001 at columbia.edu [mailto:nmc2001 at columbia.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:45 AM
To: MILLER at shsu.edu
Subject: Recruitment for Dissertation

Dear Dr. Miller,

I am a doctoral student in Counseling Psychology at Teachers College,
Columbia University in New York City.  I am contacting you to ask if you
would be willing to distribute to your clinical students a solicitation
to participate in my web-based dissertation study on clinical decision
making.  This study has been approved by the Teachers College, Columbia
University IRB.  I have pasted the solicitation below. Please let me
know if you have any questions.

Thank you for considering this request.

Sincerely,
Noah Collins

Dear Graduate Students:

I am writing to invite you to participate in a research project
examining clinical decision making.  Through this study I hope to expand
the field's understanding of variables that influence clinical decision
making, which may contribute to improving curriculum and training
development.

As trainees and interns, you are the people who are experiencing the
training of today.  Thus, your participation may be helpful in gaining a
better understanding of the impact of today's training methods on
clinical decision making.  So, your participation will be greatly
appreciated!

If you are interested in participating in this study, you can access the
survey at the following web address:
http://www.planetgraber.com/nc/.  The website will further explain the
nature of the study, after which you can decide to consent to
participate or not.  Overall, the study should take approximately 20
minutes to complete.  Your participation will be anonymous.

The study has been approved by the Institutional Review Board at
Teachers College, Columbia University.

If you have any questions or comments concerning this research study,
please do not hesitate to contact me. Whatever your decision about
participating, I thank you very much for considering this invitation.

Sincerely,
Noah Collins
Doctoral Student
Counseling Psychology Program