[Psychmasters] mock therapy (prac I) help

Jessica R. Gurley stdjrg13 at shsu.edu
Thu Mar 8 10:58:48 CST 2007

Hi everyone!

For those of you who don't know/haven't taken the class yet, Prac I is the
introductory therapy practicum where we learn therapy skills and practice
them on volunteers. Practicum I is in full swing, but still in need of
mock therapy volunteers. In the past, graduate students have volunteered
to do mock therapy. It would really help out the students in Practicum I
who are having trouble getting people to sign up! Give it some thought! It
only takes 40 minutes of your time to help a fellow graduate student!

If you want to help out, please send me an email with your contact
information & how many mock therapy sessions you would be willing to do.
Feel free to let me know times that you are around too! The Prac I
students will work around you.  I'll make sure your contact information
gets to Dr. Conroy & Dr. Harman (they are both teaching practicum I) and
to the students in the classes. Like I said, volunteering for mock therapy
will only take 40 minutes of your time and will help out the Practicum I
students. Also, if you haven't taken prac I yet, volunteering to do mock
therapy would be a great way for you to see what's coming in the near
future. So please volunteer :) Also, you don't need to have a "real"
problem to do mock therapy, you are more than welcome to make up some
issue. It's a great chance to work on those acting skills. . .

Jessica R. Gurley, M.A.
Clinical Psychology Doctoral Student
Department of Psychology and Philosophy
Sam Houston State University