[Psychmasters] FW: Graduate assistant position

Miller, Rowland Spence PSY_RSM at shsu.edu
Tue May 15 08:51:55 CDT 2007

Here's a hot prospect...

________________________________

From: PHELPS, RACHEL L [mailto:RLP008 at shsu.edu]
Sent: Mon 5/14/2007 3:54 PM
To: miller at shsu.edu
Subject: Graduate assistant position

Good afternoon Dr. Miller! Career Services is currently looking for a
graduate assistant for our department. We prefer to hire someone within
the psychology or counseling program who has an interest in helping
students achieve their career goals.  We have posted the position on our
online job bank, Jobs 4 Kats, but also wanted to send an email to the
coordinators of each program so that the information can be passed along
to any interested students. Please let me know if you have any questions
regarding this position. Thanks in advance for letting your students
know about this opportunity!

*Job ID: 3108
 *Job Title: Graduate Student Research Assistant

 Organization Name:  SHSU Career Services
 No of Openings: 1
 Work Schedule: May vary according to departmental needs and activities
 Hours per Week: 20
 Wage/Salary: $11/hour
 Employment Start Date: ASAP
 Supervisor: Rachel Phelps, MA, LPC

 *Job Description: Assist professional staff with the delivery of Career
Services programming including but not limited to: classroom
presentations, resume critiquing, mock interviews, and job fairs. . May
assist with Career Services' Library tours and Library's student
peer-helper staffing and other tasks as assigned.
 *Qualifications: Counseling or Psychology graduate student preferred.
Good writing, communication, customer-service skills required.
Completion of a graduate-level course in tests and measurements a plus
as the successful candidate can, if they meet the appropriate
requirements, then assist in the interpretation of career assessments.

 *Application Instructions: Submit letter of interest, resume, and State
of Texas Application to the Career Service Department or via email:
rphelps at shsu.edu

Rachel Phelps, MA, LPC
Career Services Counselor
Sam Houston State University