[Psychmasters] Important Info

Anastasi, Jeffery JSA001 at SHSU.EDU
Wed Feb 25 10:42:53 CST 2009

Hi Everyone,

I have a few very important pieces of information to pass on to each of our masters students.

1.       It's about that time for advising for summer and fall courses. It appears that you can register for courses starting March 23rd, but you must be cleared  by me to register. So, I'll be putting a sign-up sheet on my office door (CHSS 375) for advising appointments. These appointments will be for Monday, March 16th & Tuesday, March 17th.

2.       If you are planning on graduating this semester or over the summer, you'll need to see me about signing up for your Comprehensive Exams. We typically want students to take Comps the semester before your graduating semester. The deadline for signing up for Comps is Thursday, April 2nd, and Comps are scheduled for Thursday, April 16th. The sign-up sheet is in my office.

3.       As many of you accumulate 18 hours in courses, you must take the Psychology GRE Subject Test. During advising, I'll mention this to you, but you might want to go ahead and register for the test if this includes you. You can't register for additional courses if you haven't passed this test. There are a limited number of seats for this test so registering early is always a good idea.

If you know of any of your classmates who are not signed up on the PsychMasters listserv, please forward this e-mail on to them (and then chastise them for not being informed). Thanks.

-Jeff Anastasi

Jeffrey S. Anastasi
Sam Houston State University
Department of Psychology