[Psychmasters] Guest Speaker--Joshua Tomchesson, Ph.D.

Anastasi, Jeffery JSA001 at SHSU.EDU
Fri Apr 17 14:40:37 CDT 2009

I am very pleased to announce the visit of Dr. Joshua Tomchesson on Friday, April 24th, 2009.  Dr. Tomchesson is a Clinical Psychologist and the head of Mental Health Services at Brooks Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.  In addition to being the director of a multi-disciplinary clinic, Dr. Tomchesson provides direct clinical services and provides regular consultation to other health care providers.  He has significant experience in conducting fitness for duty evaluations and is frequently called upon to consult with organizational leaders.  Dr. Tomchesson recently returned from a deployment to the Middle East in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and will discuss the experience of providing consultation and clinical services in the austere and stressful environment of a combat zone.

His presentation, "Clinical Psychologist as Leader, Consultant, and Provider: The U.S. Air Force Experience," will take place at 12:00 in the Psychological Services Center on April 24th.

I hope all of you will make time in your schedules to hear what I am certain will be an interesting and enjoyable presentation.

Respectfully,

Jorge G. Varela, Ph.D.