[Psychmasters] Meetings with a potential new colleague

Miller, Rowland PSY_RSM at SHSU.EDU
Sun Dec 13 17:47:34 CST 2009

Greetings--

The Department will be interviewing a candidate for a new faculty position in School Psychology on Monday and Tuesday, and there are two events that we hope you'll be able to support.  Andrew Garbacz (pronounced "Gar-bits"), a student at the University of Nebrasks who is on his pre-doctoral internship at the Devereux Foundation in Philadelphia, will present his job talk:

Family-School Partnerships within a Multi-Tiered Model:
Cross-Contextual Measurement and Application in Behavioral Consultation

at 3:00 Monday in CHSS 330, the conference room off of the elevator lobby.  Please come if you can.

On Tuesday, there's a hour scheduled from 3:00 to 4:00, again in CHSS 330, for you to visit with Andy in a students-only meeting.  This is an important event for two reasons.  First, it's your opportunity to interview him regarding the talents and interests he would bring to our School Psychology program -- and we'll invite you to tell us what we think.  Second, if you do like him, it's your opportunity to show him how friendly and skilled you are, so that he'll want to come here.  By all means, please do attend the student-only meeting with Andy.

Monday at 3:00 and Tuesday at 3:00:  Come when you can.  Thanks for your help and support!

Rody Miler
Chair of the School Search Committee