[Psychmasters] FW: Women in the Academy Conference

Anastasi, Jeffery JSA001 at SHSU.EDU
Fri Mar 23 11:38:07 CDT 2012

From: Carruth, Melissa [mailto:Melissa_Carruth at baylor.edu]
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:42 PM
To: Harman, Marsha
Subject: Please forward to graduate students: Women in the Academy Conference

Dear Female Graduate Students,

We would like to take this opportunity to provide you with information about the Women in the Academy Conference.  This conference will take place on Saturday, April 21st from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm at Baylor University.

As the keynote speaker of this conference, Dr. Lenore Wright of Baylor University will powerfully and effectively communicate with graduate student women regarding issues they care about.  In addition, whether graduate women seek to pursue careers as academic administrators or professors, the conference’s breakout sessions and panel discussion will provide highly relevant and enriching opportunities for both their personal and professional development.  The conference will also provide the attendees an engaging environment in which to network with other graduate women with similar interests and goals.

Since we have been informed that you are a part of the Texas Women in Higher Education organization, we understand that you have the privilege of interacting with the women this conference seeks to serve.  We would ask that you please forward this email to those at your university who you feel would benefit from this conference.  The website for further information and registration is http://www.baylor.edu/graduate/index.php?id=80013.  In addition, as indicated on this website, the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel is offering a special discount to our out-of-town attendees.

Since space is limited at the Conference, we strongly encourage students to register as soon as possible.  Should you be interested in sponsoring students who would like to attend, please email Kaitlyn Rothaus (Kaitlyn_Rothaus at baylor.edu<mailto:Kaitlyn_Rothaus at baylor.edu>).

Thank you!

Kaitlyn Rothaus
Administrative Chair of the Women in the Academy Conference Graduate Student, Higher Education and Student Affairs Baylor University

Melissa Carruth
Publicity Chair of the Women in the Academy Conference Temporary Lecturer in Spanish, Department of Modern Foreign Languages Baylor University