[Psychmasters] My unashamed request for your support

Anastasi, Jeffery JSA001 at SHSU.EDU
Tue Jan 22 09:40:04 CST 2013

From: Henderson, Craig
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 3:53 PM
To: clindoc; psychmasters
Subject: My unashamed request for your support

Hi folks, as I'm sure you're quite aware from the plethora of tech shirts I sport around CHSS and the PSC, I've really gotten into running and other endurance sports in the last couple years, and I made a big commitment this year.  I'm doing the MS150 bike ride, a two-day 180 mile ride between Houston and Austin.  All riders commit to raising some money to support the Multiple Sclerosis Society, and I've committed to raising $400.  I know most, if not all, of you contribute to many charities and organizations, many of which are equally or more worthy than this one, but I would like to ask you to think about supporting me in this as well.  If, after having thought about it, you feel like your money is better spent elsewhere, I totally understand and am very happy with your decision.  If, on the other hand, you would like to support me, I am very thankful.  I'll be thinking about you all as I'm gutting out those final miles, and either monetarily or through your thoughts and encouragement, I REALLY appreciate your support!!  The best way to donate is through the MS150 link on my Facebook page, but I believe this link works as well:
https://secure3.convio.net/nmss/site/Donation2?idb=906380892&df_id=41150&FR_ID=20226&41150.donation=form1&PROXY_ID=11633420&PROXY_TYPE=20

There is also information below on how to send in a check.  Please see below for more information on the MS Society and the MS150.  Thank you very much for your consideration.

Craig

Every hour, someone is newly diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, an unpredictable disease of the central nervous system.

I registered for the 2012 BP MS 150 because I want to do something about MS now. I'm asking you to support my efforts with a tax-deductible donation.

The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is dedicated to creating a world free of MS and they need our help. It's faster and easier than ever to help: Simply click the link at the bottom of this message or, if you prefer, send your check payable to the National MS Society - P.O. Box 4125 - Houston, TX  77210-4125.  Be sure to write my name and "BP MS 150" in the memo section of your check.

Your contribution funds crucial MS research and helps families with MS lead powerful lives. I appreciate your support and promise to update you.
For more information about the National MS Society, how proceeds help and other ways you can do something about MS now, visit MakeYourMarkMS.org.