[Psychmasters] In Search of a Graduate Student

Anastasi, Jeffery JSA001 at SHSU.EDU
Tue Mar 5 08:47:48 CST 2013

FYI - see the on campus job opportunity below.

Jeffrey S. Anastasi
Sam Houston State University
Department of Psychology
Huntsville, TX  77341-2447
phone: 936-294-3049
e-mail: jeff.anastasi at shsu.edu

-----Original Message-----

Hi Jeff,
I am looking for a graduate student assistant to work with me in the Center for Project Based Learning.  Someone said that you might have a student or students who might be interested.  If so,  following is a brief description of the kind of skills this person would need to have:
College of Education
Department of Curriculum and Instruction Center for Project Based Learning, Research, and Teaching Graduate Assistant

Job Description:  Answer and respond to telephone calls and e-mails on a daily basis; Schedule workshops, arranging for facilities and food; Maintain Excel Spreadsheet with accounts receivable, accounts payable, and budget items; Produce and distribute periodic newsletter to consortium members; Maintain a digital library of PBL units, research, media coverage, and initiatives; Research; Other duties as assigned.

Required Skills: Proficient in Word and Excel software; Excellent organizational skills; Good communication skills (verbal, written, and digital); Possesses appropriate and professional telephone and e-mail etiquette.

Preferred Skills:  Some Marketing coursework/experience, Good research skills, Graphic design experience, Experience meeting and successfully conversing with new contacts on a professional basis..face-to-face, telephone, and e-mail.

If you have someone who might be interested, please either let me know how to get in contact with them or have them go online to Jobs for Kats to apply.

Thank you for your assistance.

Marilyn Rice

Marilyn P. Rice, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Curriculum and Instruction Sam Houston State University