[Psychmasters] Graduate Studies Spring Fair 2013

Anastasi, Jeffery JSA001 at SHSU.EDU
Mon Mar 18 10:38:04 CDT 2013

Hey Guys,

We have a Graduate Studies information fair coming up in April. I was wondering if any of you would be interested in helping to represent our program. I thought many of you could provide potential students with some excellent insight into our program. If you're interested, please let me know. The information is below as to dates and times. Of course you wouldn't need to be there the entire time, but when you could help out. Thanks.

Jeffrey S. Anastasi
Sam Houston State University
Department of Psychology
Huntsville, TX  77341-2447
phone: 936-294-3049
e-mail: jeff.anastasi at shsu.edu<mailto:jeff.anastasi at shsu.edu>

From: Office of Graduate Studies
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 3:07 PM
Subject: Save the Date - Graduate Studies Spring Fair 2013

Dear Deans, Chairs, and Advisors,

The Office of Graduate Studies will be hosting our third annual spring event to market SHSU graduate programs to current students and staff for recruitment purposes. The Graduate Studies Spring Fair will be held on Wednesday, April 3, 2013, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Bearkat Plaza. We will be providing tents, tables, and chairs.

In order to provide accurate information to students, we are requesting that a representative from each department be present throughout the event. We recommend that the representative be any individual, including program advisors, faculty members, or current graduate students, who is knowledgeable of that department's graduate programs. There will only be two chairs per table, so please schedule your representatives accordingly to ensure that your table is covered at all times.

We are also requesting that you please select a delegate who will have access to your department's attendance schedule for the fair and submit his/her contact information by Thursday, March 21, 2013. The delegate will be our primary contact regarding attendance, fair updates, and weather delays.

We would like to have all displays set up by 10:30 a.m. so that department representatives will be prepared for students inquiries when the fair begins at 11:00 a.m. Displays may include:

*         Department tablecloth/banner

*         Clipboards, binder clips, paperclips

*         Program flyers/handouts

*         Promotional items

Please submit all information and questions to Katrina Thornton at 936-294-2370 or kthornton at shsu.edu<mailto:kthornton at shsu.edu>.

Sincerely,