[Psychmasters] FW: Job opportunity for LPC, LCSW, LMFT or Intern
JSA001 at SHSU.EDU
Mon May 6 12:53:45 CDT 2013
Jeffrey S. Anastasi
Sam Houston State University
Department of Psychology
Huntsville, TX 77341-2447
e-mail: jeff.anastasi at shsu.edu<mailto:jeff.anastasi at shsu.edu>
From: Beth Flinn [mailto:bethflinn at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 12:50 PM
To: counseling at lakewood.cc; celebrate at lakewood.cc; mhavard at second.org; Adam.Mason at HoustonsFirst.org; April.Vandagriff at HoustonFirst.org; jterrill at hgst.edu; rday at hgst.edu; cpowell at sjs.org; My Counseling Degree; Anastasi, Jeffery; Conroy, Mary; kstramaski at tamu.edu
Subject: Fw: Job opportunity for LPC, LCSW, LMFT or Intern; please forward as appropriate, thank you!
LifeHouse of Houston
Director of Programs and Counseling
LifeHouse of Houston is a Christian maternity home that provides care, counseling, and support in a loving family environment for young women (ages 12-24) who are experiencing the difficulty and uncertainty of an unplanned pregnancy.
The Director of Programs and Counseling will oversee the clinical and counseling program at LifeHouse, including the review, organization, revision, and implementation of all programs at LifeHouse (for example: houseparent training, life skills teaching, and other educational programs).
• Supervise and provide support to all clinical staff, including house parents, counselors, trainers, teachers, mentors and volunteers who work with residents.
• Develop and supervise effective program for LifeHouse residents, to include classes in parenting, adoption awareness, spiritual development, personal finance, and other life skills.
• Responsible (with house parents) for intake, interview, and selection of potential residents.
• Provide case management services to residents.
• Responsible for overseeing development and effective use of Outreach Center.
THE PERSON: CORE COMPETENCIES
LifeHouse is seeking a person for this position who is spiritually grounded, mission-driven and willing to participate as a member of the LifeHouse family. Specifically, candidates should have the following skills, experience, and personal characteristics:
• Licensed Professional Counselor, or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (or LPC-Intern or LCSW-Intern with commensurate experience)
• Counseling experience.
• Able to demonstrate Christianity at work - high moral character and integrity in professional and personal life.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a professional and empathic manner; works well within a team and with outside LifeHouse community – board of directors, alumni, volunteers, etc.
• Organized, proactive, and self-starter, able to take initiative and solve problems with minimal supervision.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit
cover letter and resume via email to:
Dawn.schauweker at lifehousehouston.org<mailto:Dawn.schauweker at lifehousehouston.org>
More information about LifeHouse is available at www.lifehousehouston.org<http://www.lifehousehouston.org>
Beth Flinn, M.A., L.P.C.
Heritage Behavioral Health Consultants, Inc.
1325 Campbell Road
Houston, Texas 77055
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Psychmasters