[Psychmasters] FW: Psychometrist - Psychological Associate position @ BCM

Anastasi, Jeffery JSA001 at SHSU.EDU
Tue Jul 2 23:23:25 CDT 2013

FYI

Jeffrey S. Anastasi
Sam Houston State University
Department of Psychology
Huntsville, TX  77341-2447
phone: 936-294-3049
e-mail: jeff.anastasi at shsu.edu<mailto:jeff.anastasi at shsu.edu>

From: Harris, Lynnette L. [mailto:llharri1 at texaschildrens.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 5:41 PM
To: Anastasi, Jeffery
Subject: Psychometrist - Psychological Associate position @ BCM

Good afternoon, Dr. Anastasi ~

I am hoping you would be willing to distribute the attached announcement to your program's current or former students.  We are recruiting for a Psychometrist / Psychological Associate to work with us at Texas Children's Hospital (full-time, would consider part-time).  We have significant multi-cultural diversity within our patient population, and although not a requirement for the position, we would prefer to recruit someone who is bilingual/bicultural to best meet our patients' needs.  Also, for otherwise successful candidates, we usually can assist with covering the cost of pursuing licensure as an LPA and/or ensuring they have sufficient supervised experiences to be eligible for licensure.

Thank you in advance for your help.  I would be happy to discuss the position with any interested applicants.  I also would welcome any suggestions you might have about other recruitment strategies.  We recognize that in order to best serve our diverse patient populations we need to expand the cultural competence of our own clinic staff, and any guidance you care to offer would be appreciated.

Best regards,

~ Lynnette

Lynnette L. Harris, PhD
Associate Professor
Section of Psychology
Department of Pediatrics
Baylor College of Medicine

Coordinator, Pediatric Neuropsychology
Psychology Service
Texas Children's Hospital
6701 Fannin Street CC1630
Houston, TX 77030-2399

llharri1 at texaschildrens.org<mailto:llharri1 at texaschildrens.org>
Direct Office: 832-822-4894
Facsimile:  832-825-4164

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or an
authorized representative of the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, or
copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or
the information contained herein is prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail
from your computer system. Thank you.